Guntur B Tech Student Murder Case: Accused Caught Within 8 Hours

Guntur B Tech Student Ramya Killer Saskrishna Arrested by AP Police - Sakshi Post

GUNTUR URBAN: The murder of a third-year engineering student  N Ramya who was stabbed to death in broad daylight in Guntur city of Andhra Pradesh, had caused a widespread uproar in the town. The accused identified as Sasikrishna was caught within eight hours in the night by the Guntur police after he fled from the scene, as stated by AP Director General of Police D Gautam Sawang. Clues given by the locals and the CCTV camera footage helped them lead to the accused who was caught hiding in the fields near Guntur.

On Sunday morning the victim Ramya was walking on the Kakani Road when a youth approached her on his bike. An altercation followed between the two leading to the assailant taking out a knife and  where he stabbed her repeatedly on the neck and the stomach and fled from there. The locals immediately rushed the bleeding girl to the Government  General Hospital (GGH), however, she succumbed before treatment.

As per reports Nallapu Venkat Rao and Jyothi from Kakani Road, Paramayakunta, Guntur city have two daughters, Mounika and Ramya (20). While Mounika was studying third-year Pharmacy at St. Mary's Group  of educational institutions near Chebrol, Ramya was studying third-year Engineering (BTech) at the same institute. Venkat Rao and Jyothi were living in Kollur mandal for the past year as they were into farming, while their daughters were staying with their grandmother Pushpaleela at their residence in Paramayakunta. As it was lockdown Ramya had been staying with her parents for the past few months and around ten days ago had come back to Guntur to stay with her grandmother.

On Sunday morning before heading for Church she had gone out to bring breakfast. After that, she is said to have got a phone call at around 10: 20 and told her grandmother that she would be stepping out. She went to the main road and spoke to the accused Kunchala Sasikrishna and then got on to his bike. The two went to the other side of the road. Ramya then got off the bike and crossed the road in a hurry and was followed by the boy. He tried to forcibly talk to her and following a verbal altercation he is said to have hit her and she fell down. Sasikrishna then took out a knife and stabbed her in the neck and stomach and fled from there after an onlooker started shouting at him.

With the information given by the locals, her sister Mounika reached the spot and immediately shifted Ramya to the GGH. Doctors there confirmed that Ramya was already dead. Upon learning of the matter, Urban SP Arif Hafeez came to GGH and examined Ramya's body. Special police teams were deployed to nab the accused.

Also Read: Guntur BTech Student Murder Case: Accused Mindset Reflects Disturbing Traits

Sasikrishna was arrested by the police at around 7 pm on Sunday. Based on the deceased's cell phone call records, the accused was identified as a resident of Mutluru village in Vatticherukuru mandal. The accused’s father Guravayya was into the business of selling fish in Guntur. Sasikrishna came to Guntur on Sunday to drop his father and was suppose to go meet his mother Bhulaxmi. Sasikrishna's parents were apparently separated and his mother lived in Gollapadu in the Muppalla mandal.

Police launched a search operation based on the suspicion that the accused may have gone to his mother’s place. They kept a watch near her residence with the help of a head constable. They traced his movements near Gollapadu  at Narasaraopeta mandal. The  Police tried to catch him while he was roaming in the fields at Pamidipadu. After seeing the cops he jumped into a canal there and tried to flee. However, police along with locals caught the boy who then tried to injure himself on the neck with a knife in a bid to to threaten the police. Police immediately rushed him to the Government Hospital in Narasaraopet for treatment and later brought him to Guntur GGH. He was taken into police custody after conducting medical tests there.

Sasikrishna is set to have made acquaintance with Ramya through Instagram. They were said to be close for some time but developed differences and were not on good terms for the past three months. Police are still collecting further details from the accused.

Meanwhile, Ramya's parents and relatives flocked to GGH and were shocked to see the girl’s body. The victim’s sister Mounika expressed anger that had the onlookers stopped him from attacking the girl instead of only shouting at him, she would have survived the attack.

Home Minister M Sucharita and the AP Women’s Commission Chairperson Vasireddy Padma immediately went to the GGH at Guntur where the girl's body was taken and expressed shock over the incident.

Also Read: AP Home Minister Terms Guntur B Tech Student Murder As Unfortunate, Assures Justice

Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy also responded to the incident and extended condolences to the family of the victim, on Twitter. ‘The accident at Kakani in Guntur district is very unfortunate. I extend my deepest sympathies to the student’s family. I urge you to expedite the investigation into this incident and bring those responsible to justice. He directed the officials concerned to take care of her family. The government stands by the family, "Chief Minister Jagan tweeted. The AP Government announced an ex gratia payment of Rs 10 lakh to the kin of the victim.

Also Read: Bring The Perpetrators Of Guntur Girl's Death To Justice: Andhra CM

Read More:

Back to Top