Acid Attacker In Warangal Nabbed; Woman Critical 

Madhuri undergoing treatment at MGM hospital in Warangal; mother of the victim - Sakshi Post

Warangal: An auto driver who threw acid on a married woman here on Wednesday was nabbed by the police in a few hours after the attack. Two of his associates who assisted him in the act were also taken into custody.

The 24-year-old woman, Madhuri, who earlier worked in a petrol bunk, was being stalked by auto driver Chandu due to which she quit the job a month ago. He was pressurizing to her marry him despite her pleas that she was already married and had a daughter. On Wednesday, Madhuri went out to look for a job at a dairy. After a while, when her mother called to check on her, the mobile was switched off.

Later in the evening, Madhuri was found by the locals at Ainavolu in Garimillapally mandal in an unconscious condition with her face and chest badly burnt by acid. Her legs and hands were tied. The rescue team rushed her to MGM hospital and the treatment is on. Madhuri's condition is stated to be critical and arrangements are underway to shift her to Hyderabad for better medical care.

The accused, Chandu and two of his accomplices are being questioned by the police. The accused is reported to have threatened to kill her several times before as she refused to marry him. When she complained to the police, they let him off with a warning. Chandu attacked Madhuri's sister and mother a day before the incident. He carried acid used in gold melting with him and threw it on the victim. The police are trying to find how the incident took place at an isolated place at Ainavolu. Did the accused take her in his auto to the spot and then attack her? How did she go with him when she had a serious threat from him as he had already threatened to kill her earlier?

It may be recalled here that two girls - Praneeta and Swapnika - of KITS Engineering College here were attacked in a similar way killing one of them on 10 December 2008. The attackers, three students of the same college, were shot dead by the police within 24 hours after the incident and public appreciated the police act though it was condemned by the court later.

Read More:

Back to Top