NHRC Records Disha’s Family Members Statements At TSPA

NHRC 7 member fact finding commission Chattanpally encounter - Sakshi Post

HYDERABAD: The seven-member National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) team recorded the statements of SI Venkateshwarulu of Makthal PS and constable Arvind Goud, who were injured in the cross fire encounter, on the second day of the fact-finding mission in Hyderabad on Sunday . The team inquired about the details of the encounter, which took place between the police and the Vet doctor rape and murder accused, on Friday, December 6th. While SI Venkateshwarulu was injured in the right forearm, Constable Aravind Goud was injured in the right shoulder. The two were first rushed to a local hospital for preliminary treatment and then shifted to Care Hospitals in Gachibowli as per the doctor's advice.

Meanwhile Disha's family members were scheduled to attend the hearing at 3.30pm on Sunday. But her family members, stated that Disha's mother was in a delicate state of health and requested that the NHRC should not trouble them further.

The Shamshabad police reached their residence and to take them to the Telangana State Police Academy (TSPA) located near the ORR junction. But Disha's family members have expressed concerns over the inquiry time, and it also happened to be the 10th- Day funeral ceremony and that the family was still in a very emotional state. However her parents and sister relented and went to the TSPA and met the NHRC representatives and rendered their statements.

The NHRC delegation which arrived in Hyderabad from Delhi yesterday morning, has launched an inquiry into the encounter incident and started the their fact -finding mission from Mahabubnagar. The team examined the bodies of the four accused who died in the first day's encounter which were placed in the Government General Hospital mortuary there. They also studied the post mortem report. They also examined the Chattanpalli encounter site located in the Ranga Reddy district region.

The NHRC representatives have been discreet about their enquiries and did not allow anyone else except the doctors and police officials who were part of the encounter and post mortem. They also avoided speaking to the media and as per a police official's information, they would speak the media only after the three-day enquiry was completed.

The family members of the slain were also called to Hyderabad and their statements were recorded. After the enquiry they were sent back to their respective villages near Gudigandla in Narayanpet districts. The bodies of the four accused were shifted to the Government Medical College near Yedira in Mahabubnagar and will be kept there till Monday.

Meanwhile, the Telangana High Court which had on Friday directed the state government to preserve the bodies of four accused till 8 PM on December 9 will take up the matter for hearing on Monday. The court had issued the directive treating as a petition a representation received in the Office of the Chief Justice alleging that the 'encounter' was extra-judicial killings and requesting judicial intervention.

Also Read: Slain Accused Bodies Shifted To Govt Medical College At Mahabubnagar

Read More:

Back to Top